Using the "Move To" Interaction, you can transport users with a click or by walking to a certain spot. This can be used for “portals” or “transports” to different places or areas within the space.
Any objects can be used as a portal and destination. These can also be hidden around other design elements of your space.
How-To Create a Portal
- Choose an Object in the Scene Editor
- Open the Interact Properties
- select "Move To" from the Interaction Mode Dropdown.
- Copy & Insert Object ID of Destination Object
- Configure Interaction Settings
"Move To" Interaction Settings:
- Object ID:
- Insert the Destination Object ID that the User will be moved to.
Object ID can be found underneath an Object' Name in the Scene Editor. Copy ID using the button on the right-hand side (below).
- On Click: Y/N
- Move when the object is clicked
- On Collide: Y/N
- Move when the avatar walks close to the object centerpoint
- Trigger Distance
- Distance in meters away from the object centerpoint that triggers “on collide”
- Move Slowly: Y/N
- When deselected, the user “snaps” immediately to the destination. When selected the user visually moves from one point to the other, movement starts slow and speeds up.
- Offset Position: X/Y/Z
- Position away from the Destination Object when the Avatar lands at the Destination. If portals are “Two-Way On Collide”, set Offset Position farther away than the Destination’s Trigger Distance to prevent users from being pulled back into the portal.
Tips for Portals "On Collide"
When using the "On Collide" function, the interaction will occur when their avatar moves within the "Trigger Radius" of the object's center point.
We recommend creating a Start object and Destination Object for each portal.
If you have two "Move On Collide" interactions pointing to each other (2-Way Collision Portal), in order to prevent a loop the Offset Position must be further away than the Trigger Radius, and not crossing over the opposite portal. If the destination is within the trigger radius, the user will be automatically teleported back.