How to add Videos and Audio into your space
Audio and Video are considered "Media Assets" and are controlled with the Media Plugin and its Components. The Media Plugin is installed in all spaces by default.
YouTube and Vimeo Videos can be embedded into spaces using the 3D Web Frame or the "Open in Panel" interaction.
Importing Video & Audio into Spaces
Drag & Drop
Images, Video, and Audio can be dragged directly into the Space from the Desktop file browser, and will create new Objects with the media attached.
- mp4 Video - Dragging in mp4 videos automatically creates a new Plane and attaches the correct Media Plugin components for video & audio.
- mp3/wav Audio - Dragging in mp3/wav audio file creates a default 3D Cube and attaches the correct Media Plugin components for audio.
Avoid large file sizes. Videos over 25mb should be converted to an HLS feed for lightweight playback for all devices.
Import Audio / Video from File
Audio and Video assets must be uploaded to Storage before being added to Spaces or connected to Objects. You can also upload files directly from the Media Controller.
Access Storage in the Editor Menu by going to File > Storage. Upload Media files into the "Media" folder. In the Storage Menu, choose the your media file and click "Copy URL" to add the media to a Component.
Adding Media to Objects
See the full guide for the Media Plugin. Here's an overview.
- Add a Media Source Component. Either:
- Media Controller or
- Media Source - From URL (Vatom Storage URL)
- Add Media Destination Component(s)
- Media Destination - Video
- Media Destination - Audio
- Copy Media URL from Storage to Source component
- Controller: Change Source > Play from URL
- Media Source - From URL: Source (URL)
For videos with sound, add BOTH the Audio Destination and Video Destination components.