A simple help guide for event organizers to train staff, and help first time visitors to Vatom Spaces get acquainted with the experience.
EVENT TRAINING AND SUPPORT
Our objective is to make the experience as easy and enjoyable as possible, particularly if guests are not digital natives. When in doubt, slow down and simplify. Avoid using technical jargon or overloading guests with information.
Technical Troubleshooting Checklist:
If someone is having issues joining, please walk them through this checklist.
- Ensure user is using Chrome Browser on their desktop, laptop or android device with headphones
- Alternatively, if they are on their iPad or iPhone, ensure they are using the Safari Browser
- If users are having camera/microphone issues, please ensure they have camera/microphone permissions enabled through Chrome (pop-up will appear by Chrome URL) and ensure they have their volume turned up
- If users are experiencing any technical issues, instruct users to try clearing their cache and refreshing their browser.
- If the user is using a company device, ensure VPN or other firewall security settings are turned off and the site is permitted to be accessed.
- For an optimal experience, restart your device prior to the using SpatialWeb and close all other running programs and browser tabs
Full Audio / Video Troubleshooting Guide
When orienting someone to the space, it is important to explain these functionalities in the following order:
- Spatial Audio landscape:
- It is important that users understand that we are in a Spatial Audio landscape and moving closer to something or someone will make them louder. Just like the real world.
- Zoom controls
- Pan/tilt joystick
- Reset view button
- Move with Arrow keys and computer keyboard, click and drag with mouse or trackpad, or double-click on any place.
More Detailed Computer Checklist:
- Use any laptop or desktop computer, ideally from 2017 or newer
- Please ensure your computer is updated to the latest OS version, or recent versions
- Plug into wall outlet or power source
- Restart computer
- Close all other programs and browsers
- Open a fresh Google Chrome browser window and tab (Download Chrome here)
- Connect Headphones - Wired plugin- type preferred, Bluetooth OK
- Confirm VPN is turned off if using a company connection (See instructions here)
- Camera access permissions enabled for Chrome
- Microphone access permissions enabled for Chrome
You can request a user to follow you by clicking on their avatar (or name in the people list) and clicking “REQUEST USER TO FOLLOW YOU”. They will receive a pop-up alert that will prompt them to accept or decline the follow request.
The follower is now attached and will move with you anywhere you go. The follower cannot control any movement while attached, and can only change view angle.
You can detach a user that is follow you by clicking on your OWN avatar and clicking “Detach all followers” (please note if you have multiple users following you, this will detach all followers).
- People List
- You can utilize the people list to locate any user that is currently within the space.
- You can use the search functionality at the top of the list to easily locate anyone you are searching for.
- You can STAR individual guests in order for them to appear at the top of your user lists
- Places List
- You can instruct guests to use the Places menu to navigate between places or to a designated Help area
- Reset View
- If a user is having trouble seeing their own avatar/the avatars or environment around them, please instruct them to use the Reset View button that will reset their perspective to an ideal view of their own avatar and their surroundings.
- Help Icon (Located on the bottom User Menu panel)
- If guests require navigational/instructional assistance:
- Show Tutorial: This will cause the tutorial overlay to appear again
- Show Quick Guide: This will show a key that explains navigation and a key for all of the icons
Please sign in to leave a comment.