A simple help guide for event organizers to train staff, and help first time visitors to Vatom Spaces get acquainted with the experience.
Our objective is to make the experience as easy and enjoyable as possible, particularly if guests are not digital natives.
When in doubt, slow down and simplify.
Avoid using technical jargon or overloading guests with information. Get started with movement,
When orienting someone to the space, it is important to explain these functionalities in the following order:
- Spatial Audio landscape:
- It is important that users understand that we are in a Spatial Audio landscape and moving closer to something or someone will make them louder. Just like the real world.
- Zoom controls
- Pan/tilt joystick
- Reset view button
- Move with Arrow Keys and W-A-S-D computer keyboard, right-click and drag with mouse or trackpad, or double-click on any place.
- Press "X" to jump vertically.
- User Bar
- The user bar across the bottom of the screen has all the controls for navigation and in-world activities.
- Open and manage User Profile and Settings by clicking your profile image in the bottom-left corner.
- Use the People and Places menus to find important landmarks and other guests.
You can request a user to follow you by clicking on their avatar (or name in the people list) and clicking REQUEST USER TO FOLLOW YOU. They will receive a pop-up alert that will prompt them to accept or decline the follow request.
The follower is now attached and will move with you anywhere you go. The follower cannot control any movement while attached, and can only change view angle.
You can detach a user that is follow you by clicking on your OWN avatar and clicking Detach all followers (please note if you have multiple users following you, this will detach all followers).
You can utilize the people list to locate any user that is currently within the space. Use the search functionality at the top of the list to easily locate anyone you are searchingfor.
You can "Star" or Favorite individual guests in order for them to appear at the top of your user lists.
Clicking their name or profile image opens the individual user menu.
You can instruct guests to use the Places menu to navigate between places or to a designated Help area.
Set the "Go Home" button to the entry point. This gives users that get lost an easy way to reset themselves.
If a user is having trouble seeing their own avatar/the avatars or environment around them, please instruct them to use the Reset View button that will reset their perspective to an ideal view of their own avatar and their surroundings.
Technical Troubleshooting Checklist:
If someone is having issues joining, please walk them through this checklist.
- Browser: Ensure user is using Chrome Browser on their desktop, laptop or android device with headphones. Alternatively, if they are on their iPad or iPhone, ensure they are using the Safari Browser.
- Permissions: If users are having camera or microphone issues, please ensure they have camera and microphone permissions enabled through Chrome (pop-up will appear by Chrome URL).
- Cache & Cookies: If users are experiencing any technical issues, instruct users to try clearing their cache and refreshing their browser.
- VPN / Firewall: If the user is using a company device, ensure VPN or other firewall security settings are turned off and the site is permitted to be accessed.
- Only This Space: Close all other applications and tabs to ensure Chrome and Vatom Spaces has microphone and camera priority.
- Update & Restart: For an optimal experience, update and restart your device prior to the using Vatom Spaces and close all other running programs and browser tabs.