We want every space to offer a smooth and immersive user experience, but in order to achieve this, we need to establish a set of guidelines for content creators.
Below are some guidelines, which should be used as a template when creating new spaces
- Triangles - 50 000 or fewer
- Texture Memory - Maximum of 256 MB
- Textures (Per Texture) - Maximum of 2048x2048 in .jpg format
- Model Size - Under 10 MB
- Materials - Basic shader with light data baked in
- Meshes - Minimal geometry
- Draw Calls (Within the Viewing Frustum at any time) <400
Frame Timing - This is a very useful tool for determining the sum total of impact that these various criteria above are having on space performance. Important to note also that it's important to test while moving as well, as more physics/collision calls are more likely to occur while moving
Hit shift+~ to view this within the debug menu
We recommend using the following tools when creating new spaces.