How to reset Browser Permissions and Allow All for 8th Wall AR Experience and Vatom Wallet Camera.
Vatom uses 8th Wall AR for our Augmented Reality NFT experience. In order for the AR experience to work in a mobile browser, a number of permissions are required.
- Camera & Microphone Permissions
- Location Permissions
- Motion & Orientation Permissions
If you are having trouble opening 8th Wall AR, resetting your browser's permission settings will sometimes help.
Opening the game in "Private Browsing" mode or "Incognito" mode will cause problems with Vatom Wallet and the 8th Wall AR game.
iOS iPhone Permission Settings (Safari)
- On your Apple iPhone or iPad, Close all tabs in safari.
- Close Safari (Hold home button and cross off).
- Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Location Warnings / Reset Location & Privacy.
- Open Safari and try again.
- Select the "Aa" icon in the right-hand side of the Safari Browser Bar
- Choose "Website Settings"
- Allow wallet.vatom.com to access
- Camera: Allow
- Microphone: Allow
- Location: Allow
Newer iPhones have a secondary setting for "Precise Location" that is required for Vatom AR experiences. To enable Precise Location for Safari:
- Go to Settings > Privacy & Security, then select Location Services.
- Select Safari
- Allow Location Access, and turn Precise Location On
Android Permission Settings (Chrome)
- On your Android phone or tablet, open Chrome Settings from the 3-dots next to your browser bar.
- Settings -> Privacy and security -> Clear Browsing Data
- Select and clear the following tabs
- Cookies and Site Data
- Cached Images and Files
- Close and open Chrome and log back in.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app and open the Vatom Wallet or Brand Experience.
- On the left side of the address bar, tap the Lock icon. Choose Permissions.
- Tap the permission you want to update. To change a setting, select it. To clear the site's settings, tap Reset permissions.
Firefox Mobile Permission Settings
- Open Firefox mobile browser
- Open Settings with the three-dots to the right of the browser bar
- Privacy and security -> Site Permissions
- "Allow" or "Ask to Allow" the following:
- Autoplay (Allow Audio & Video)
- Close Firefox and reload Vatom Wallet or Branded Experience.