The Spaces' Health Monitor, located in the "Check for Issues" panel, is a tool to help manage content and optimize performance of the space for a variety of different devices. Because Vatom Spaces are a web-based platform, spaces should be able to perform both on desktop and high-end laptops, as well as phones and other mobile devices.
You will get a warning popup at the top of the Scene Editor when your space reaches performance capacity for the selected device.
Use the health monitor alongside Mobile Filtering to create and optimize separate experiences for both Desktop and Mobile devices.
The health monitor checks the current render distance area for the following. Walk throughout your space to see how performance is affected in different areas with different objects nearby.
- Total Triangles: The total number of triangles for all 3D objects, shapes and graphics in your scene. This includes both visible and hidden objects.
- Collision-Enabled Triangles: The total number of triangles that have collision enabled.
- Total Meshes: The total number of meshes used in your scene.
- Texture Memory: Total amount of uncompressed texture memory used in the scene. Textures include object texture images, as well as any jpg and png images added to the scene. We recommend using 512 x 512px or smaller textures wherever possible.
- Draw calls: Number of draw calls per frame.
- Media Sources: Number of media sources loaded. Use the 'Proximity' option in the Media Source Component to prevent media sources from loading until the user gets near to them.
- sRGB Pipeline: Enable sRGB Pipeline for accurate color rendering of your scene and models. Spaces that were created before 2022 may need to check models and enable this setting in the Editor > World > Environment > sRGB Pipeline
The health monitor can be tuned to variety of performance levels and device specifications. Changing the "Targeting" option adjusts the health monitor limits to that of each device.
- Any low-tier device
- Any mid-tier device
- Any high-tier device
- Apple iPhone
- Apple M1 Macbook
|Quality||Low-tier||Mid-Tier||High-Tier||Apple iPhone||Apple M1 MacBook||Chromebook|
** iPhones are known to have critical issues if space texture memory exceeds 250MB.