The Places Menu (Space Places Plugin) is an essential navigation menu. When your space has different areas or locations that you would like to highlight, guests can portal directly to a designated location with a specific view angle.
When installed, the places menu is available in the User Menu at the bottom of the screen. It opens in a side-panel and displays a list of designated Places and Spaces, as well as a Home button to set a return-to-home point.
Adding and Modifying Places
As an admin, start by choosing "Add Location" to create your first Place.
You can add either Places or Spaces to the menu. Places display at the top of the list, followed by Spaces.
- Places: Moves the user to a specific position within the current space.
- Spaces: Redirects the user to another space.
When you create a new Place, you'll be prompted to give your place a Name and Description. This can be changed later.
When you create a new Space, you will also need to provide a Name, Description, and the @handle or URL of the Space.
Once the new Place button is created, there are a number of options to customize the experience.
- Name - Give your place a short name
- Description - A simple description about the place
- List Order: Set this place's position within the Places list
- Set as Active: When active, the button is enabled and guests can go to the place. When inactive, only Admins can go to the place.
- Entry Position: The position that the guest is teleported to.
- X, Y, Z: Manually set the position the guest is teleported to.
- Use My Current Position: Automatically set the X-Y-Z position to your current avatar position.
- Radius: Randomly place guests within a specific radius of the X-Y-Z position. For events with lots of guests, set a larger radius so guests don't land right on top of each other.
- View Controls: Control the camera angle when guests land in the new place.
- Orientation: Direction the camera is pointing
- Tilt: Camera angle
- Zoom: Zoom Distance
- Use my Current View: Automatically set View Controls to use your current view settings.
- Image: Set a thumbnail image for this place. Upload images to Space Storage and copy URL.
- Remove Place: Remove this place from the Places Menu
Places Menu Settings
There are a couple general settings available for the Places menu. Modify these settings by choosing the "Settings" cog in the main Places Menu.
- Add Location: Add a new location
- Upload: Upload a JSON archive of your places menu list
- Download: Download a JSON of your places menu list
- Settings (Below): General settings for the Places menu
Open on Arrival
With 'Open on Arrival' enabled, the Places Menu will open automatically when guests enter the space.
Go Home button
- Position: Set the default Home position. The "Go Home" button is always available at the top of the Places Menu to give guests a way to reset in case they get lost or confused.
- Use Current Position - automatically set the position based on your current avatar position.
- Popup Title: A title or header for the popup message
- Popup Body: Main content of the popup message.
- Popup Confirm Button: Text for the green confirm button
- Popup Cancel Button: Text for the red cancel button
These settings control the screen shown when traveling between spaces. This screen is controlled by the outgoing space. The default Switching Space screen is a black background with an orange and blue "portal" animation (below).
- Show Loading Screen: show a 'loading' screen when traveling between spaces.
- Background Color: choose the background color of the screen
- Show Text: (optional) show a simple title
- Text: text title to be shown.
- Show Image: show an image. The default image is an animated portal .gif
- Image URL: Link to the image or gif animation to be shown.
- Upload: Directly upload your image.