Behaviors are all the different capabilities your digital object NFTs can have (or not have). Each object you create can have a different configuration of behaviors, and some vatom design templates have unique behaviors associated with them that are locked to the design style.
When a behavior is enabled, several new options become available to the creator and object owner.
- Object Wallet Actions
- Creator Distribution methods
- Campaign Triggers
Enable and disable behaviors by clicking the settings cog to the right of the behaviors panel.
Modify behavior settings by clicking the green behavior badge.
Object owners can see available Actions in the Wallet.
Scarcity sets a limit on the total quantity of this object available. Traditional NFTs are 1/1 unique, but Vatom Smart Digital Objects allow you to create NFTs with either a set amount or an infinite number of copies of the object.
The object below called "Androids" has a scarcity set to 10,000. It also has the numbering behavior enabled, which displays as object 2/10,000. If scarcity is not enabled but numbering is enabled, the number shows up as 2/~ .
The object below called "Individual Gold Mine" has no scarcity or numbering, so the fields do not appear on the object in the wallet.
The Numbered behavior gives each object a unique number attached to the scarcity. The first object of 100 dispensed or delivered will display as 1/100, the second 2/100, third 3/100 and so on.
The above object "Androids" has numbering enabled is object number 2 of 10,000.
An object with Numbered enabled but no Scarcity will display as 2 / ~
An object with Scarcity enabled but not Numbered displays as - / 10,000
The "Share" behavior lets owners to "share" the object with friends by creating a duplicate copy and inviting the user to join the campaign. This is not recommended for objects with a Scarcity or limited quantity.
The Send behavior lets owners send objects to one-another with the in-wallet "Send Vatom" feature. Enabled by default.
The Scan behavior lets you create QR Codes and Acquire URL Links to directly acquire the object and join the campaign.
When the campaign is in TEST or LIVE, create a new distribution and choose "Scan/QR" to create a direct link to the object.
The Map behavior allows objects to be dropped from owner's wallets into the metaverse and onto the real-world map for Augmented Reality view.
Creators will have the Distribution method "Drop on Map" to drop or scatter objects on the real-world map, for wallet-holders to find on the map or in Augmented Reality.
Owners will see an Action called "Drop" in the wallet when viewing an object's Actions Menu.
If the wallet is being used in the metaverse the object will be dropped right where the avatar is standing.
If the wallet is being used in the app or the web wallet, dropping objects drops them on the real-world map to be picked up in Augmented Reality or using the in-wallet NFT map.
Royalties enables a monetary royalty percentage on every secondary sale, meaning the creator earns a defined percentage of the resale price for every sale after the original.
Enable Object Lifecycle for Smart Objects that have variables or other intelligent actions associated with them.
Enable alongside Numbered, Map, and any Shareable objects.
Put on ETH
The "Put on ETH" behavior allows this object to be 'lazy minted' to ETH networks, and defines the chain that objects are minted to. The default network is Polygon, but there are several other chains immediately available.
NFT Creators decide which chain the object can be minted to, and also cover the associated gas fees.
NFT Owners do not need to pay gas fees to lazy mint, but do not get to choose which network to mint to.
Standard ETH/SOL contract addresses will not work directly in Studio. Please contact Vatom before entering a custom contract address.
Manages data associated with "Put on ETH". Always enable alongside "Put on ETH" behavior.
Put on EOS
Allows objects to live on EOS network. Please contact Vatom your vatom representative before enabling EOS support.
User Ownership Limit
User Ownership Limit does exactly as advertised, it sets a limit to the quantity of this particular object that any single wallet can hold.
Drops items on the map automatically. Only recommended for very specific campaigns.
Commerce behavior allows creators and owners to sell objects on the Vatom Marketplace.
Price and Quantity are set when listing on the marketplace, do not adjust the default fields in the Commerce Behavior.
These behaviors are unique to specific Vatom design templates.
Manages the AR game.
- Select Target: Choose the object to be picked up with the AR game.
- Close on pickup: Close the game after an object is picked up
- Display error if no Vatoms nearby: If no objects are detected nearby,
- Max Vatoms: Maximum number of objects able to be seen with the AR camera
- Relative Distance (%): Move objects closer to the viewer, so they look larger in the AR camera. 100 is the standard distance, 50 brings objects 50% closer to the camera. (Recommended 25-50)
- Minimum Distance: Minimum distance away objects are rendered. 0 allows objects to appear right where you are standing.
- Visible Radius: The maximum distance away in meters that the game can find digital objects. (Recommended: 10)
The AR camera displays objects in relation to the user's device when starting AR. Digital objects appear by default within a 1 meter cube regardless of object size set in Blender. This may make objects look small when they are actually just far away. 3D Objects can be resized for AR in the Object Design.
Simple AR Game
Manages the Simple AR game.
- Max Vatoms: how many objects can be seen at once?
- Minimum Distance: Can objects be directly underneath you?
- Single Use?:
- Play Period: Forever, Month, Day, Hour
- Plays per period: How many times per (above) can the user play this game?
- Game's Default Timezone
Sets a countdown timer when the object is picked up or
Manages the distribution of individual coupons from a Coupon Pool.
Crate & Key
Found on "Crate" designs, this controls the locking mechanism of the crate. Choose the object to use as a key, decide whether to automatically add the key to the crate, open the crate, and/or trash the key as well after being used.
Manages form data. No manual adjustments necessary.
Game of Chance
Manages delivery of objects from a Prize Set. Used for games like the Scratcher, Roulette, etc.
Metadata associated with "Traits" and other additional info.
Allows vatom title, description, category and resources to be changed from the Design assets. No manual adjustments necessary.
Manages poll data. No manual adjustments necessary.
To reduce NFT waste, digital objects are not deleted but are recycled into a pool for re-use. This is often used with the AR games where digital objects are quickly found and deleted in exchanged for points.
Used for redeemable objects to limit the quantity and frequency of redemptions.
Used to display user's points on the object and optionally allow redemption of the points for a coupon.
- Points Channel (Optional): Set a specific channel for these points.
- The max number of points (Optional): Set an optional maximum number of points able to be earned with this object.
- Action on max points (Optional): Choose an action to perform once
- Redemption Vatom:
Set limits on who and how often guests can use the 'dispenser' or vending machine.
- Limit Per User: How many times overall can each user dispense from this machine.
- Limit Per User (per specific vatom instance): When using a prize pool, vending machines may deliver the same object multiple times due to the nature of probability. Set a limit on the number of times each object can be delivered. Once the limit is reached the vending machine will choose a different prize object.
- Limit Period: How long until the limit resets?
- Forever, Week, Day, Hour
- Allowed Users: Who can dispense from this vending machine?
- Owner, Admin, or All