When creating an action in Vatom Studio, you can create a "Prize Pool" that rewards users for completing tasks, winning games, etc by delivering a single prize from a defined Prize Pool, or set of objects.
Choosing Prize Action
- Add all objects to be used in the prize pool into the campaign with "Add Subject: Design"
- Use the action When the User ... > Then "Send Prize Vatoms"
- The example below uses "On Open" for a opening a Crate, but Prize Pools are also used for "Game of Chance" templates like the Scratch Game, and can be used in any number of situations like Vending Machines, share rewards, or randomizing the main object when first joining a campaign.
- "Send Prize Vatom(s)" delivers one object from the set of prizes. "Send Vatom(s)" sends specific object(s).
Set up your Prize Pool
1. In the "Then... Send prize Vatom(s)" panel Choose Prize Set > Create new Prize Set
2. Name your Prize Set and choose the type of Prize Set
Probability: Delivers a prize based on a set percentage Chance to Win. Ex: 25% chance to win Prize 1, 50% chance to win Prize 2, 25% chance of not receiving any prize.
Sequence: Delivers all available Prize1, then begins delivering Prize2. When Prize2 has delivered all available, the pool beings delivering Prize3.
3. Select the objects that you will be delivering from your prize set. All the objects must be added to the campaign with New Subject > Design before adding to the prize pool.
4. Set the availability, User Limit, and Win Probability for each of your objects.
- Total Available: The number of prizes available. Once all of the Available Prizes have been won for an object, the prize pool will stop delivering those objects and will utilize the rest of the prize pool.
- Limit per User: How many of each object can each user win? If the prize pool can be used multiple times, each user can only win the specific prize once (or the number of times set by the limit). Once the user has reached their limit for a specific prize, they will no longer be able to win that prize and the pool will default to another option. When all limits have been reached, the user will "lose".
- Win Probability: The percentage chance to win the specific prize.
- Loss Probability: The percentage chance that the user will not win a prize. This number is calculated automatically based on the combined Win Probabilities.
- Sequence: The Sequence prize pool sets an order of delivery. The project
Note: When the "Total Available" has been reached for one item, the prize pool will "re-roll" to select another prize. The loss probability does not increase or decrease.
Sequence Prize Pool
5. Save your prize set and choose it from the "Prize Set" dropdown.
6. Set the "How Often" toggle to limit the prize pool usage to Only Once per user or Everytime the action is triggered.
- If you choose "Only Once", set a Nonce, which is a random value that is generated anew for each use, a timestamp, a sequence number, or some combination of these. This code sets an "instance" where if that same code is active, the user can only take the action once. If the code changes, they can do it once again until the code changes again.
In the campaign above, the Crate design is delivering from the prize pool when the crate is "Opened". There is no limit set (How often: Everytime) for the number of crates that can be opened.